September 1, 2010

Psych!

Shawn Spencer and Burton "Gus" Guster

I'm not really a huge follower of crime/murder investigation shows, but while "Psych" could fit in that category, it's way different. When I first heard the concept of "a guy with heightened observational skills who pretends to be psychic and starts a detective agency with his friend Gus", I was immediately intrigued.
It didn't disappoint, as the hilarious 80's references and playful banter between the two longtime friends really hit all the right notes for a fun loving 80's kid like me.

I also love seeing Shawn and Gus spar with the Santa Barbara police while still making sure they keep their "psychic" ruse a secret. It's on the USA Network in the States and on NTV in Canada. I don't know if it's everyone's cup of tea, but check out an episode and see what you think!

16 comments:

  1. Yay for Psych! Love your site, I'm a big fan, and this was a happy surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get it in the UK It is different from the usual detective / crime shows out their. The comedy banter reminds me of Maddy & David from Moonlighting. But not as in your face.

    Cybil Shepherd & Bruce Willis could be up for Punxing or maybe Fox Mulder & Dana Scully or other TV crime duos... With The new Green Hornet film coming out, What about G H & Kato

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious!!! Thank you so much for adding Psych to your already superb artwork! I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting new season onmexico next week... do we will have Juliet in the punx?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Doing the whole cast? Or just these two?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love this show and the drawings are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely comment on anyone's blog, and I've loved your work for a while now (keep going on those Lost characters!), but these "Psych" characters have really made me happy this morning. The show is terribly underrated, but, sort of like Scott Pilgrim perhaps, it may just be that I'm directly in the age and culture bracket that the show is meant for. Anyway, great job! I hope we can see Lassiter and Juliet in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tweeted this to the official Psych_USA twitter, and the guy who runs it said that he just sent it to James and Dulé. I thought you'd like to know. =)

    Oh, and nicely done! Love these! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Win win win win win!

    I second (or is it 3rd now....) the chorus for Lassiter and O'Hara....

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome Airame, thanks so much!!

    And thanks to all you guys and girls for commenting, it's cool to see that Psych indeed has a dedicated following!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I very much approve. Psych is one of my shows of all time. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should do How I Met Your Mother

    ReplyDelete
  13. Psych does indeed have a dedicated following. I love these! Great job. ^_^ And yes, I agree that you should give Lassiter and Juliet the treatment too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your art!!! would love to see your take on the characters of new girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. サイコウ!最高!
    Great works!! Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete